And Athenos flavoured Feta is an example of just how a little creativity can make a good thing better. These Feta cheeses come in aromatic, tantalising flavours like basil & tomato, peppercorn, garlic & herb that accentuate the soft milky acidity of Greek Feta. So add a gourmet touch to your salads, sandwiches and wraps with some of these fabulous Feta's - use the basil and tomato flavoured feta cubes to enhance a salad or a summery past salad, or uplift your everyday meals by substituting the paneer in your paranthas with crumbled garlic and herb feta!
Basil & Tomato Feta Bruschetta:
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 36 slices
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 7 plum tomatoes, chopped (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 pkg Athenos Crumbled Feta Cheese with Basil & Tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onions
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped black olives
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Heat the bread slices in an oven set at 200 c/400 F for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted on both sides. Brush lightly with half the oil.
- Combine the tomatoes, remaining oil, cheese, onions, parsley, olives and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture onto toast slices just before serving.
Classic Greek Salad
- 1 cup of torn mixed salad greens-lettuce/rocket/spinach
- 3/4 cup pitted black olives
- 3 tomatoes - cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, cut into wedges
- For the Dressing:
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg. Athenos Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese/Peppercorn feta cheese
- Combine the veggies in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.