This week we bring to you the enchanting delights of French cuisine as we share with you some gourmet French recipes. Do visit our stores for a demonstration on French cooking with Chef Cedric of Chez Vous French Bistro and avail of the great offers on French Products on the 23rd at Juhu, Mumbai and on the 24th of March with Chef Vikram from Olive Bar & Kitchen at Delhi, from 4pm to 6 pm.
Open sandwich of mushrooms and goats cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g mixed mushrooms
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sea salt o taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices good quality bread
- 100 g mixed baby leaves
- 150 g goat’s cheese
- 50 g toasted nuts (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan and toss the mushrooms until gently browned.
- Add the onion and cook until they are soft. Add the wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Toast the slices of bread and top with salad leaves and mushroom. Sprinkle with crumbled goat’s cheese.
Crostini with sardines, mustard and lemon baisil
- 1 tin sardines in lemon basil
- 1 egg yolk
- Slices of good quality bread
- 1 bottle Dijon grain mustard
- Drain the sardines and reserve the oil. Toast the bread lightly and set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolk until it thickens. Slowly add the reserved oil and form a mayonnaise
- To assemble, spread the mustard on the bottom of the toast and top with the sardine.
- Gently spoon the mayonnaise on top and garnish with red pepper.
Apricot Upside-down Tart
- 1 packet readymade pastry sheet
- 1 jar bonne maman apricots
- Lune de mile maple syrup
- 20 g butter
- Drain the apricots and dry well.
- Melt the butter and mix gently with maple syrup. Remove from the heat and arrange the apricots.
- Gently place the pastry sheet on top and bake until golden brown.
- Invert carefully onto a plate and cut. Serve with whipped cream.
- 1 jar borde blueberries
- 100 g caster sugar
- 3 egg whites
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, lightly crush the blue berries and set aside.
- Place the egg whites and salt in a clean dry bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Add the sugar gently and continue whisking until the mixture becomes stiff. Spoon into moulds and bake until ready. Remove and allow it to cool.
- Serve with ice cream.